Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The search for stylish Medical ID bracelets....

One of the things on my Diabetes to-do list within the first few months after receiving the diagnosis was to order a Medical ID bracelet. At my second follow-up my Endo asked me about it and that was the one thing that I hadn't completed to date! (Sigh.....) I knew that I wouldn't wear something that wasn't relatively stylish and I wanted to like what I saw upon looking down at my arm. The following are two recommendations that I have been pleased with and that have received some complements along the way. The 'Glitz & Glam'
bracelet is a triple strand of Swarovski crystals, copper and metal beads and is measured to fit your wrist just right so you really don't even know that it's there. The beads are neutral/mixed metals so you can wear them with pretty much anything and it goes. I purchased this bracelet @ www.laurenshope.com. This is a great resource and has something for everyone.
The other two bracelets are not Medical ID bracelets specifically, but show how you can clip an additional engraved medical ID charm to just about any bracelet. The green and orange beaded bracelets each have their own charm (ie. peace, cross, love etc.) and then I added the medical ID that says 'Diabetes 1' on the back of it. I found these at a boutique in Cardiff-by-the-Sea called Chic Mommy. Her online store will be available very soon. These beaded bangles come in a variety of different colors and sizes and look great by themselves or with a grouping of various bracelets.

If you've been diagnosed with a chronic condition, have food allergies and/or take medications you should wear a medical alert. Any of these conditions may alter the treatment you might normally receive and alerts nurses, doctors or EMT's of your medical history so no time is wasted.





No comments:

Post a Comment